Frequently asked questions answered for your convenience
What are your Terms & Conditions?
- A child is aged between 4 to 14 years of age
- All prices include GST and National Parks levy per person
- 4WD Tours (1.5hr Beach & Dune, Private Charters, Educational Tours & Seniors Advenuture tours) not recommended for pregnant women
- All 4WD Tours depart from the lower car park at the end of James Paterson Street, Anna Bay
- If you are pregnant, please let our staff know before boarding a bus for our sand boarding adventure
- We operate rain, hail or shine
- For cancellations: No charge if more than 48 hours notice given, 50% charged if 24 to 48 hours notice given, 100% charged if less than 24 hours notice given.
- On arrival, a disclaimer must be signed for by everyone over the age of 18, parents/guardian must sign for participants under the age of 18
- Port Stephens 4WD Tours reserves the right to amend departure time & rates at anytime without notice, please reconfirm at time of booking
- Please book via email email@example.com or fax +61 (0) 2 4984 3790
- All packages does NOT include transfer between both activities
- Port Stephens 4WD Tours does not operate on Christmas Day (25th December)
Where do we depart from?
Port Stephens 4WD Tours depart from the lower car park at the end of James Paterson Street, Anna Bay 2316. Our office is located at Shop 3/35 Stockton Street, Nelson Bay 2315. For more information, please visit Departure Info
What do I need to bring?
- small bag/backpack for belongings
- camera for photos (please note, we recommend you do not slide with your camera on your person)
- casual clothing
- shoes, however the sandboarding is better bare footed
- extra water, on arrival you will be given a complimentary bottle of water
Do I need to book in advance?
You don't have to book in adance, you can purchase tickets on arrival at our beach reception area. However we do recommend pre-purchasing tickets during school holidays so you are guaranteed a spot on our 4WDs
When should I arrive?
If you are late or early, it's not an issue as our 4WDs rotate every 10-15 minutes (Sandboarding Adventure), please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time as these tours depart on schedule, if you are going to be late, contact our office on (02) 4984 4760 (Beach & Dune tour)
Do kids go FREE?
All children under 4 years of age are free of charge
Do you sell gift vouchers?
Absolutely!, give our office a call on (02) 4984 4760 and we can certainly help you out. Our gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase
My kids are young, can they still sandboard down the dune?
Of course they can, our sandboarding dune starts of small for children and gradully gets larger as you walk along. Parents can also ride tandem with children on the same board.
Can I stand up on the sandboards?
No, we do not allow stand-up sandboarding. This rule is strict and is set for customer safety.
When is the best time to go?
We recommened early in the morning when we first open, or in the afternoon after 2:30pm. In between these times we often get busy just before and after lunch.
Can we bring our pets?
Unfortunately you cannot bring your pet along with you on any of out tours. Being a National Park, pets are not permitted in the commercial operating area
Do you have credit card/Eft facilities?
Yes, both on the beach and in the office we have a credit card/eftpos machine. We only accept Visa or Mastercard
Do you operate in all weather?
Yes we do, we operate rain, hail or shine and open everyday of the year except Christmas Day. Only in the event of thunderstorms do we cease operations, on this occasion, we shall contact you and arrange alternative options.
How long do we get to Sandboard for?
As long as you want!, our 4WDs rotate every 15 mins so you are more than welcome to head back whenever you are ready providing there is room on the bus. However the price includes only ONE return transfer so you cannot come back and forth all day.
I have a large group, can we all fit on one 4WD vehicle?
Our 4WD vehicles can carry up to 21 passengers, however every day we have between 3-4 vehicles so if your group is larger than 21 people, we can send the appropriate amount of 4WDs on the transfer.